Table of content
Can you imagine a house without any furniture?
Surely, it will look incomplete and empty without furniture.
The furniture manufacturers have understood this and are trying to produce good furniture to meet their customers' requirements. Furniture photography is an old tale now. Today, beyond photos, customers want to see the color, size, and measurements of the furniture before finalising their purchase. That’s where 3D furniture design companies come into play and are equally beneficial for both the furniture manufacturers and the end customers. These companies create new and trending furniture models according to the customer's requirements—ranging from baby beds to luxurious furniture designs.
Thanks to technology! Let’s dive into more aspects of Furniture Rendering and how it's used.
What Are the Different Stages Involved in Furniture Rendering?
The stages of furniture rendering may differ depending upon the business requirements, but the general workflow remains almost the same as below.
Stage 1: Work Scope and Quotation
It is the first stage for the business where it determines how much to quote for the services based on the plan, design sketches, and average time frames.
Many factors may affect the cost of the project and may include:
- 100% finished output - Exact finish matches may be possible only with exact textual patterns. In some cases, this has to be developed from the available reference images.
- Detailed Backgrounds - White background 3D rendering would be much more cost-effective than doing it on complicated decor.
- Lookalike 3D models - Once again, it is more cost effective to render many furniture pieces from the same collection rather than from several collections.This helps in streamlining the 3D modelling process.
Stage 2: Project Details
If the customer agrees with the quotation, then the next immediate step would be to reveal the project details which may include plans, interior designs from the existing samples, or even from scratch.
Stage 3: Create 3D models
3D models act as the core of furniture rendering and are completely dependent on polygon faces. Once the skeleton is ready, the next step would be to work on the background.
Several questions to ask before the development process :
1. Are the reference files updated?
Ensure to update the latest design file from which the 3D model will be created.
2. Are the files free of junk information?
Delete all the unnecessary information from the files so that unwanted elements can be waived off and time consumption can also be reduced.
3. Are there any additional requirements that are not included in the source file?
In some cases, the project files may not have sufficient information. Ensure that it is also included in the final output.
Stage 4: Design 3D scenes
Once the 3D furniture model is ready, improvise it with different colors, lights, patterns, etc. to make it better, and then initiate the rendering process.
3 main steps :
- Import 3D models into scenes and start placing objects to proceed to final rendering.
- UV mapping and material creation: Through UV mapping, the 3D rendering software uses the texture to render the final output. It is inclusive of texture scaling, grain directions, and more.
- Test Rendering: With the help of digital lights and simulated cameras, test rendering will be performed for feedback collection, and low-resolution images will be developed.
Stage 5: Animation
This is a completely optional stage and is implemented only based on the project and end-user requirements.
Stage 6: Post-Production and Final Rendering
This is the final delivery stage where the client receives the fully rendered video for approval.
On the whole, 3D furniture rendering services would be a highly detailed process and may require a good amount of time and effort to make the output look amazing. The usage of animations will incur high costs, followed by costs for the lifestyle images, which are less than animated outputs.
Renders with a white background will be the most cost-effective option. Since every project is unique, so will the furniture rendering processes - but what we have covered here is just the outline of the different stages of the process. These stages are vital in delivering a final output without wasting unnecessary time.
Whether you are looking for home furniture design solutions or commercial furniture design solutions, it is necessary to approach the best furniture 3D design company and have a clear-cut view before finalizing the product.Contact Us